Saturday, February 28, 2009

Patience is a Virtue



My patience is paying off with regard to the repairs that need to be done in the house. (At least I've been TRYING to be patient.) Because of the water leak, insurance is going to pay for us to install a whole new kitchen! They are going to replace all the cabinets, the floor - even some of the sub-floor, baseboards, and island. The water got into the laundry room also, so the floor will be replaced in there as well. The floor looked good, but did not match the kitchen floor. Michael is going to lay all the flooring to save some money and that will hopefully give us enough extra money to purchase a new dishwasher. Michael also has to get the house leveled right away (see pictures of the settling) so these other repairs can be completed. It will take 2 weeks before they can begin work in the kitchen because everything has to be ordered and we calculate that the work being done will coincide with Spring Break!! I know Arleen and the kids were planning to go to the valley at that time, and possibly Tara and Dean. I may also be coming down just so I won't have to deal with all the construction mess. I'll keep everyone informed and post pictures once I have my brand new kitchen! Woohoo!!

2 comments:

Cook family said...

Judi that is so cool that you get to have a brand new kitchen!

Cookie Mama said...

Bummer that it happened this way but how fun to get a new kitchen. Keep the pictures coming, can't wait to see the remodel!