Saturday, August 25, 2007

OK - So I'm Not Bored Anymore!


Yesterday I was called to meet with the President of the Snowflake Temple. I have been called and set apart to be a Temple worker again - and I am so excited! It shouldn't take me long to get back up to speed with all that I have to memorize. I will work on Friday mornings. Clark and Susan Halls also work on that shift, so I will at least know someone when I go - and I guess I know who submitted my name, too.

The temple is so small! The Mesa Temple has 4 Initiatory booths - the Snowflake Temple has one. The Mesa Temple has 4 sets of Ordinance Rooms, The Snowflake Temple has one set. You have to make appointments to attend the Snowflake Temple most of the time, although a few sessions don't require an appointment. It is going to be very different, but I can't wait to get started again. When I was set apart, I was told that my family would be greatly blessed and my health would be better because of my service in the Temple. I have such a strong testimony of temple work and attendance and have had some of my most spiritual experiences while there. I know how busy all of you are, but try to take one day a month to go with your spouse. I know it is a sacrifice because you are all so busy, but you have been promised that angels will attend and guard your family if you go. I still have tons of family names that need endowment work done. Maybe I can leave some names with one member of the family and you can get a family name when you go to the temple. It's always so much more meaningful to me to take a family name through. Any volunteers to be the "keeper of the names"?

3 comments:

Cookie Mama said...

Judi,
They are lucky to have you. What a neat calling. We're fairly close to the temple and we'll be more than happy to keep the names here if you want.

Ami Bethea said...

Yeah Mom! I know how much you loved this calling before, I'm so happy for you. I know you'll do great, it's perfect for you. I liked the part of your post about angels guarding and attending to the family, what a wonderful blessing in addition to the blessings we get anyways for going. I'd volunteer for "name keeper" but I don't think anyone would want to drive out here to pick them up!

Ryan and Ann Cook said...

We don't mind keeping the names either. I actually would like to start attending every other week now that the kids are in school. It is so much easier to find a babysitter for Karli, especially now that she is at an easy age for babysitting.