Friday, March 7, 2008

Ahhh - Sleep!!

Well, after the 8th puppy was born, we thought Mieke was going to have one more, so we were up until after 5:00 a.m. Finally, we were so tired that we decided to go to bed anyway. I'm glad we did because she was done at last. She is such a good mother! About 7:30 a.m. we let her outside to go to the bathroom and I don't think I have ever seen her move so fast. She did her "thing" and was back at the door in less than 5 minutes. I think we'll be moving her bed into another room, though. 7 puppies are never quiet - even if they do make the cutest sounds, it's hard to sleep in the same room.

2 comments:

Ami Bethea said...

Wow! What a night! The puppies are SOOO cute. The boys decided they like the one that you have the close up picture of (probably because it's the only one they can see up close). Thanks for posting pictures. Get some rest! And thanks again for my flowers.

Ryan and Ann Cook said...

The kids loved seeing the pictures of the puppies! My kids even asked if we could have one. I said no way (we are having a baby, we don't need a puppy too)! We will keep checking for updates of the puppies. Get some sleep if you can!