Sunday, September 16, 2007

I'll Keep Blogging

I enjoy blogging, so I'll keep posting. I especially enjoy everyone else's blogs, so I hope you will all keep posting, too. This is how I feel close to all of you and can keep up with what is happening in your family. I love all the pictures you post and the adorable videos of the kids.

It's beginning to cool off up here already. Our EQ Pres. said we have less than two weeks before it begins to freeze, so Michael is working hard to get things done outside - like putting the skirting up around the house. I think we're going to have to teach Mieke and Mollie how to use the treadmill so they can get some exercise during the winter because I don't like going out in the cold. I promise to get pics of that if it ever happens! Now I just have to figure out how to throw the stick for Mieke and the frisbee for Mollie without going out into the cold!

Michael's work is slowing down up here and so you may see more of us if he has to start working in the valley again. Annette and Werner said they have houses to paint, so if that's where the work is, we'll be down. We'll keep everyone posted - especially Tara, Scott and Dean!

Last night there was a ward dinner and auction for the YM/YW and they were able to raise over $4k for girls camp and scout camp for next year. It's the only annual fund raiser they have and I was surprised that our small ward did so well. I made homemade cinnamon rolls that sold for $35 a dozen. Michael donated some of his work and with all that, we were able to contribute almost $500. It was a fun evening. My RS calling keeps me busy. We had an older sister in our ward pass away last week, and I will get my first experience in helping to plan a funeral next Saturday. She had a huge posterity (she was related to the Ellsworth's), so they are expecting at least 150 family members; it should be interesting to serve a luncheon for that many people. I also started working in the Snowflake Temple on Friday mornings, and I love it! It is wonderful to spend an entire morning there helping patrons. All that I had to memorize came back quickly, so I had only one week of study and I am back doing everything an ordinance worker does in the temple. I have also been able to get the temple work done for many more of our family names. The next time I come down, I'll leave some family names with Ryan and Ann and Jeff and Heather, so please plan to pick up some names from them when you go to the temple - it is such a sweet experience!

I'll post some pictures soon of all the progress we're making on the house. At least as soon as something gets FINISHED! Michael has started so many projects, and I have yet to see something get completely done before he starts on something else. That's the problem with so much construction and too little money. Now he has to get the outside done pronto! We thought we had more time before the cold weather. Anyway, check back for photos!

No comments: